Root for young mathematicians learning about functions. A set of two problems assesses understanding of polynomial functions and their roots. Scholars select values for a, b, and c, and then create two functions that meet given constraints on the roots of the functions.
- Have classmates share and explain their solution methods to peers before discussing with the class
- Learners should be familiar with the relationship between factors and solutions
- Knowledge of function notation is necessary
- Includes sample answers in a separate file
- Printable worksheets
- Does not require pupils to explain their responses