Beauty and Capitalism—not two words you usually see together. John Ruskin, a prominent political thinker definitely did not think so. Teach pupils about the political theory behind aesthetics and why some countries may value beauty over others through this instructional video that makes use of images and real-world relatable examples that teach about government.
- Differentiate for GATE by asking them to write a persuasive essay in which they agree or disagree with Ruskin's view points on capitalism
- Extend learning through teaching learners more about culture in Venice. This aids them in possessing additional context that helps them understand Ruskin's views
- The ninth in a sequential series of 13
- Video ideally fits into a unit on political theory
- Primary source pictures within the video help scholars comprehend how images consist of an important part of history
- The variation in examples explains the concepts in meaningful and memorable ways