This Political Polarization lesson plan also includes:
Dive into the political breach with pupils and explore the reasons for political polarization. Using clips from C-SPAN that include discussions from reporters and scholars, class members consider what is causing the political fault lines in the United States. Discussion prompts and an analytical chart help them understand the effects this divide may be having on American society.
- Create a jigsaw activity to review video clips that offer insights on polarization in politics
- Use included discussion prompts to stimulate debate
- Students must be able to access the online video clips
- Clips and activities are deeply relevant to the political moment
- Resource is crafted in an even-handed and fair way