This Political Parties and Conventions lesson plan also includes:
The two major parties polarize many in America today, but it doesn't have to be that way in the classroom! Teach learners about political party platforms and modern campaigns with a mock political convention. After watching a PowerPoint presentation, reading articles that help them assess their own political values, and researching the issues for both party platforms, pupils participate in their very own political convention.
- Have class members host a newscast about a particular issue that explains both party's platforms and values surrounding a recent controversial current event
- Although written with North Carolina in mind, the resource easily adapts and mainly focuses on the United States federal government
- Hosting a mock convention creates a memorable learning experience and helps scholars memorize important concepts
- Resource fosters critical thinking skills
- Easily differentiated material