This Poetic Elements Are Fun! lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Engage your class in the elements of poetry with a series of lessons and activities. The plans cover simile, metaphor, personification, onomatopoeia, alliteration, and imagery. Learners come up their their own metaphors, identify poetic elements in poems and other texts, experiment writing imagery-full paragraphs, and more!
- Teach this as a unit before asking learners to analyze and compose poetry, or split it up throughout the year and use it one lesson at a time when appropriate
- The plan procedures are a bit lengthy; however, these longer chunks of writing include explicit instructions, sample poetic elements, and clear student tasks
- Provides suggestions of poems and texts to use to demonstrate the various poetic elements
- Includes an assessment, worksheets, and some sample assignment products for students to examine