The rock pocket mouse exists either with light colored or dark colored fur. As their habitat changes from sandy desert to lava flows the prominence of each color fur also changes. Viewers compare the visibility of each mouse's fur color on the different backgrounds to complete the activity.
- Discuss the changing landscapes due to climate change as it relates to camouflage
- Relies on prior knowledge of camouflage, mice, and owls
- Offers downloads in either MOV or WMV formats
- Requires very little class time to share
- Provides background information to enhance class discussions