Jupiter's magnetic field is 20,000 times that of Earth's. An awareness of the strenght of Jupiter's magnetic field is just one of the challenges engineers face when designing spacecraft to visit Jupiter and its moons. Learn more about these challenges in an installment of the SciShow Space series and enjoy a discussion on the status of Pluto as a planet.
- Post the video to a class website to encourage pupils to watch and re-watch
- Have learners collect information and then debate for and against Pluto being a planet
- Expects an understanding of Earth's atmosphere and magnetic field
- Images help support understanding of the scientific concepts
- Provides an option for subtitles to support new vocabulary