This Plastic-Free Is Not Easy lesson plan also includes:
Paper or plastic? Scholars discuss a worksheet containing grocery photos in which consumers were challenged to buy items without plastic wrapping or containers. Learners rank the food items by the need for packaging, such as a banana, which requires no packaging. Pupils then work together to think of alternative ways to contain foods without using plastic.
- Incorporate with science standards regarding recycling and environmental issues
- Discuss the packaging and options for other non-food items
- Requires projecting or printing included photographs
- Includes project ideas to extend learning
- Relates concept to real life using photos and familiar products