So, what's the big deal about plasma? Part two of a 14-part series of videos about solids, liquids, and gases helps scholars gain understanding of this important fourth state of matter. The video describes how a gas becomes plasma, how plasma can carry an electrical charge, and common things made of plasma.
- Ask learners to name items that contain plasma prior to watching the video
- Be sure to have the class add plasma properties to their notes or graphic organizers
- Some prior knowledge of ions is helpful
- Narrator lists several great examples of plasma in action
- The animations help pupils visualize plasma at the subatomic level