This Planes and Points lesson plan also includes:
Build a solid foundation on which to develop future concepts. Through a guided exploration, learners compare and contrast the characteristics of points, lines, planes, rays, and segments. They measure lengths and practice notation for naming the objects and defining their lengths. The second lesson plan of the five-part series helps pupils become comfortable with the most basic components of geometry.
- Record new vocabulary using a graphic organizer such as a Frayer model
- Expects proficiency measuring lengths with metric units
- Provide each pupil with drawing tools and paper
- Emphasizes mathematical definitions of new vocabulary
- Provides questioning strategies to encourage higher order thinking