This Piecing It All Together activity & project also includes:
Archaeology digs are much like giant jigsaw puzzles. The artifacts found are often in pieces and scientists must reconstruct them. A hands-on activity lets young archaeologists experience this facet of the job as they create, smash, and reconstruct a piece of pottery.
- Involve the whole family in the activity by having an adult or sibling try to reconstruct the smashed pot
- If space is available, bury the shards and conduct a dig
- Younger learners may need supervision as they shatter their pots
- The illustrated directions are detailed and easy to follow
- Links are provided to related resources