This Picturing the War in the Pacific Photos, Datelines and Captions activity & project also includes:
Young historians have the opportunity to see photos from the war in the Pacific and learn more about what each photo represents. Scholars use their knowledge of WWII to match dates and descriptions to real-life photos from the war. The project also provides a great timeline of the war for deeper understanding of how events unfolded.
- Use as a hands-on activity and have learners pair the description with the correct photo
- Have pupils create a timeline using the photos, descriptions, and dates
- Requires prep to match the dates with the photos and descriptions
- Provides primary source photos from World War II
- Components of the activity are very versatile and work in other lessons