This Picturing the War in Europe: A Visual Time Line lesson plan also includes:
Where does it fit in history? Learners consider the choices historians make when evaluating events by constructing a timeline of World War II. Using photographs of events in the conflict, they create a chronology. Once finished, extension activities include discussing the significance of these particular events and writing their own captions.
- Ask learners to sort the photos in the timeline according to chronology and then check their ideas against the record
- Have pupils write their own captions to photos on the timeline
- Timeline is part of the War in Europe series
- Creating a timeline develops primary source analysis skills
- Extension activities allow for adaptation and differentiation between class members or grade levels