This Picture Books activity also includes:
Aspiring artists and budding writers combine their skills in an interactive lesson. Young scholars become authors when they create their own picture books focused on social justice. The resource guides learners through the writing and illustration process to create a book to share with family members or the school community. Pupils work in small groups during the creative process and have the opportunity to read aloud to an audience.
- Have the class' picture books displayed in the school library for others to read
- Create a picture book as a class to help academics understand the process
- The audience must be selected before the lesson begins
- Resource accommodates English learners
- The lesson combines art and writing in an engaging way