Pi shows up in a lot of places, even in the complex plane. Individuals watch a video in the Numberphile Pi series that shows the Mandelbrot set in the complex plane and explains how pi shows up in the number of iterations.
3 Views 0 Downloads
- Have pupils research different fractals in a journal entry
- Team up with an art teacher for the artistic aspect of fractals
- It is helpful if learners have some familiarity with fractals and Mandelbrot sets
- Explains mathematics in a way all viewers can understand
- Back-and-forth conversations between the speaker and the off-camera narrator help clarify concepts
- Not likely to be of interest to teenagers