The Simpsons isn't the most likely television show to teach your scholars about math—but it does! An engaging video in the Numberphile "Pi" series explains some math concepts that arise in the show. It also explains some historical attempts to determine the digits of pi, including Archimedes's method and the spigot algorithm.
- Challenge scholars to find other references to pi in TV shows or movies
- Pupils should be aware of the TV show The Simpsons
- Learners must understand the base-10 and base-8 systems
- Teenagers may find the video to be of interest due to its connection to The Simpsons
- Graphics help with understanding