Behind every number is a good story. Scholars learn how Archimedes tried to estimate the value of pi through inscribed and circumscribed figures. Viewers also see how they can use infinite series to find the value of pi by watching a video in the Numberphile Pi series.
- Provide the class with a timeline on the history of pi
- Pupils should have familiarity with circumference
- Learners must also understand infinite series
- Diagrams help illustrate Archimedes' method for determining pi
- Mnemonic does not correctly give the digits of pi
- Narration is split between two speakers, but switching back-and-forth between the speakers results in a lack of continuity