This Physics of Boats unit also includes:
- Lesson Plan
- Join to access all included materials
Let's go sailing! An instructive unit includes six lessons with multiple activities to teach scholars about density, center of gravity, buoyancy, and the Archimedes Principle. They can complete the final project of building a boat on a small scale in a classroom sink or on a large scale with pupils riding in their own boats.
- Add extra points for the cheapest boat design, most sustainable, etc.
- Verify all web pages are working
- The unit would fit perfectly before the Buoyancy of Boats project
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- It is easy to find the materials necessary for the project
- The concept of boat design is broken down into smaller parts for easier understanding