Ever wonder why all the sunflowers in a field face the same direction? Phototropism of course! Scholars get a quick but informative explanation of phototropism and plant hormones in an engaging video presentation. The narrator describes various ways plants seek sunlight and gives an overview of the function of hormones in fruit.
- Follow the video with an experiment testing the concept of phototropism
- After watching the video, have individuals write a five-sentence summary to use during discussion
- Consider using the closed captioning option to support vocabulary acquisition
- Shows real-life examples to support the science concepts
- Uses humor to increase engagement