This Phonological Awareness: Syllables, Feed the Animals activity also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
An activity challenges scholars to sort picture cards based on the number of syllables they count as they say the item's name on each card. Depending on how many syllables they count, they place the card in the corresponding box displaying an animal whose name has the same amount of syllables.
- Cut slits into the top of the shoe box, and keep the lid on for pupils to "feed" the card to boost hand-eye coordination
- Review the terms "less than," "more than," and "equal to" when counting and comparing syllables
- Preparation includes gathering and assembling materials
- Laminate cards after copying to permit reuse with minor wear and tear
- Words contain two, three, and four syllables