This Phonological Awareness: Phoneme Matching, Sound Maker - Sound Smacker activity also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Scholars sort words based on their initial phonemes. They choose cards, say their names, and match the initial phoneme to the one posted on one of the sorting bins. If the initial sound matches, they put the card in the sound maker bin, and if it doesn't, it goes into the sound smacker bin. That sounds like fun!
- Keep a lid on the bins, and cut a slit into the top for pupils t slide cards into—boost hand-eye coordination
- Laminate cards for continued use
- Requires coping making, gathering supplies, and preparing bins
- Class members work together, taking turns
- Encourages sorting skills