This Phineas Gage: Four Corners Discussion Strategy lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
How far do your pupils think we should go in the name of science? Class members respond to questions relating to chapter three of Phineas Gage: A Gruesome but True Story About Brain Science and then participate in a four corners discussion. Close with a final response to the big question.
- These questions, especially the two that relate more directly to Phineas Gage's story, could prove to be effective essay questions
- The final question may prove to be too controversial for a middle school classroom
- Step-by-step instructions for this discussion style are included
- The student worksheet is provided