What does it mean to be free? Is freedom possible? What are is joy and anguish associated with freedom? A fascinating video details Jean-Paul Sartre's key ideas and insights about freedom.
7 Views 2 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Use the video to launch a study of existentialism or as part of a unit that includes a core text like The Stranger, The Trial, or Waiting for Godot, and/or Sartre's short story "The Wall"
- Pause the video frequently to permit viewers to ask questions and clarify understanding
- Due to a brief sexual reference and an explicit image, review the video before deciding to show it in your classroom
- Show the video in full-screen mode to avoid the comment section, which is open for public sharing of ideas and reactions
- Provides background information about Sartre's life and his key ideas and perspectives
- The video provides few examples that elucidate his key ideas