This Phase Change interactive also includes:
Energize your phase change lesson plans! Add a short but focused interactive into the mix and watch as pupils experience how states of matter react to changes in kinetic energy. The resource tracks the kinetic energy of a cold solid before and after the introduction of a hot liquid.
- Test the class' understanding of phase changes and kinetic energy by having them respond to the questions in the About tab
- Challenge more advanced learners to infer what type of material is present in the barrier between the two substances
- Students should have a basic understanding of the motion of the particles in and properties of solids and liquids
- Subtle shading makes the kinetic energy of individual particles apparent throughout the interactive
- The resource is versatile enough for use in both chemistry and physics classrooms