This Personal Choices and the Planet lesson plan also includes:
How big is your footprint? Activity three culminates the series by having groups complete carbon footprint audits with people in their schools and/or around the districts. Groups then gather their data, create a presentation including actions to reduce impacts, and share their information with the class.
- At the end of the audits, groups may want to share the carbon footprint link they used in class with the person(s) they are interviewing, spreading the knowledge further
- Groups need to talk with specific individuals throughout the school and/or district; discuss with these persons their role in the lesson and determine times in which they are available
- Depending upon length of research time given to groups and length of presentations, duration of activity could be from three days to more than five
- The activity provides all individual worksheets and additional useful websites
- Assignment allows groups to talk with adults on their campuses or around their districts about carbon footprints, sharing their knowledge and impacting their communities