This Person to Person: English Language Development Lessons (Theme 4) unit plan also includes:
Help language learners understand words and cultural concepts. The second installment in a series of three language development lessons designed to accompany Theme 4: Person to Person helps bridge the gap for language learners by offering a series of differentiated activities. Discussions on feelings and emotions connect with more traditional grammar and vocabulary lessons.
- Use activities with a whole group allowing some to complete independently and some to complete in small groups
- Bring in other poems or texts that illustrate the same concepts to help improve understanding
- Daily lessons range from 40-60 minutes and may be shorter or longer based on the level of learners
- Includes ESL lessons with mutli-level practice opportunities for beginning, speech emergent, and intermediate/advanced individuals
- Uses pictures to help clarify more difficult themes or concepts
- Requires access to CD-ROM and audio CD for portions of suggested activities