This Perpendicular from a Line to a Point video also includes:
Take steps in the right direction. With a short demonstration, a video shows the steps to construct a perpendicular from a line to a point. Using a protractor, the narrator confirms the resulting construction is perpendicular, and then explains how to use the same steps to create a right angle.
- Ask the class to come up with other methods of constructing the same perpendicular
- Requires a straightedge and a protractor
- Independent practice covers more types of constructions
- Worksheets include areas to configure the constructions
- Emphasizes the importance of not changing the setting of the compass