This Periodic Table 2 interactive also includes:
While the periodic table looks complex, it is really arranged by only two variables, atomic number and electron configuration. The set of four puzzles focuses on groups 3, 4, 5, and 6 or 13, 14, 15, and 16, depending on your periodic table. It sorts the elements into sets of four and encourages pupils to follow the grid rules to properly place each element.
- Use the online version for competitive scholars to see the best times and hard copy for those that need unlimited time to solve the puzzles
- Requires each pupil have access to a periodic table or have it memorized
- Assumes prior knowledge of how to solve Sudoku-style puzzles
- Works great as a review of the periodic table
- Encourages problem solving