Young mathematicians have been using formulas for many years, so give them extra practice with complex problems using those same formulas. Your classes apply strategies to problems that require higher order thinking. Examples include one presented as a diagram and another presented in words.
- Allow learners to watch the video independently and then apply the strategy to practice problems
- Include area problems when practicing to allow pupils to decide which formula to use
- Video continues from the previous lessons in the series
- Requires different algebraic approaches when using the formulas
- Examples chosen require scholars to interpret complex diagrams
- Does not incorporate context within the problem situations