This Penny Cube activity & project also includes:
Use volume to count your change. Pupils watch as a cube is filled with stacks of pennies and make an estimate on how many pennies are in the cube. The teacher provides additional information to the class members about the size of the cubes and size of pennies. Finally, scholars check their estimates with the actual number of coins and their values.
- Change it up to determine the amount of money if different coins such as dimes were used
- Assumes individuals understand how to calculate volume
- Requires knowledge of using Three Act Tasks
- Contains notes about how students reacted when the author used the task
- Provides suggestions for extensions