This Penny Circle activity & project also includes:
Watch as your classes buy into a rich lesson full of information. A video opener challenges individuals to determine the number of pennies that fit in a circle with a 22-inch diameter. Using lesson materials, scholars collect data and create functions to make their predictions.
- Encourage pupils to organize data in a way they can better analyze the information
- Require a function that models the relationship between the diameter of the circle and the number of pennies
- Expects familiarity with quadratic patterns
- Uses video to spark interest and motivate learners
- Includes additional resources and exercises for continued exploration