Stack the odds in your favor. Scholars watch a video in the Numberphile Coins series that introduces a game where contestants pick a sequence of three coin flips (such as HHT) and keep flipping a coin until that sequence appears. The video explains a strategy that gives players a leg up on their opponents.
- Have learners try out the game and see if they can come up with a winning strategy before watching the solution
- Use the game as an extension activity on probability
- Note that the video uses British coins, but heads and tails should still be evident
- Explanations are thorough and concise
- Strategy is easy to understand and includes a graphic organizer