How would a pendulum work on the moon or Jupiter? To answer that question scholars control up to two pendulums including their location, length, mass, and amplitude. Added controls include changing the friction and strength of gravity. The resource includes measurement tools to assist with determining the period, kinetic energy, gravitational energy, and acceleration.
- Create a large pendulum in class to test if their hypotheses about length and mass are correct
- Requires Flash 9 or later
- Assumes prior knowledge of velocity and acceleration
- Links to 34 teacher-created lessons that use the simulation for middle school through undergraduate level
- Translates into more than 50 languages