This Parabolas: Invisible Graph interactive also includes:
Envision the function as the point swings. Given a point connected to another point and a line, pupils trace through an invisible graph. Learners identify the name of the given point and the line and determine the type of conic section created by the trace.
- Extend the activity by asking the class to determine the equation of the parabola
- Provide a graphic organizer for class members to record and define aspects of a parabola
- Requires users to create a free login account
- The supplemental material provides additional examples
- Reveals the correct answer if necessary