This Paper Towers and Pool Balls Design Challenge activity also includes:
Those who build together learn together. Scholars work in groups on two teamwork-building activities that involve engineering design. They first construct the tallest tower they can using five sheets of paper and masking tape. Next, they come up with a process for rolling a pool ball that will take the ball at least a minute to roll from one side of the table to the other.
- Use the lesson at the beginning of the school year to help promote collaboration
- Familiarity with the engineering design process is beneficial
- Some basic materials are necessary; see the resource for a complete list
- Provides a list of questions for discussion
- Includes printable worksheets to use as part of a science notebook