Guillermo del Toro's beautiful and bloody Pan's Labyrinth, a fantasy adventure/political drama, is the focus of the ninth episode of a film criticism playlist. The narrator looks at the film through two interpretative lenses: as a story of a young girl who creates a fantasy world to escape the realities of her life, and as a film that shines a harsh light on the monstrous behavior of man.
- Viewing the film requires parent or guardian permission for viewers under 17
- The film is in Spanish with English subtitles
- The episodes in the playlist are designed to be viewed in order and reference concepts discussed in previous episodes
- Given the subject matter and the film's R rating, the film and the review are most appropriate for college level film studies students
- This video is hosted on YouTube
- Film clips are included to illustrate concepts in the review