Regulatory genes play very important roles in cell development. An animated video shows pupils an example of a regulatory gene and how p53 initiates transcription of a gene. The parts of a gene that control regulation are briefly introduced and related to the role of p53.
- Use as a visual aid to support instruction of how regulatory genes control transcription
- Have scholars discuss the next steps based on their knowledge of p53
- Learners should have general knowledge of DNA and RNA, the process of transcription, polymerase, and p53
- Good visual aid of regulatory genes
- Narrator provides a good description of the process
- The visuals are hard to identify without knowledge of p53 and transcription