This Our Government Today…What A System! lesson plan also includes:
A group of citizens in North Canada has decided to leave their country, and they are asking for help in setting up an American-style democracy. Using a carefully structured activity, pupils lay out the principles in the American Constitution and demonstrate why it is unique. The learning continues with extension activities, such as a poster campaign about the Bill of Rights.
- Have learners pitch their ideas for a democratic republic to a fictional group of Canadians looking to secede from their own country
- Extend the learning with additional activities, such as posters about the Bill of Rights
- Lesson is first in a series of three in From the Articles of Confederation to the Constitution series
- Worksheets include scaffolded activities to create presentations
- Rubrics make feedback easy
- Not all the resource links work