This Origin of Life presentation also includes:
Aristotle explained the idea of spontaneous generation, a concept which lasted almost 2,000 years before scientists proved it wrong. Scholars learn about the history of our understanding of the origins of life. They read examples of observations and experiments and the theory each supported. Completing the attached worksheet correctly demonstrates deeper learning.
- Go into more detail on pasteurization and introduce the concept of ultra-pasteurization
- Discuss other ideas that were originally rejected but were later proven by science
- Relies on prior knowledge of life, reproduction, and the scientific method
- Provides a story of the history of discoveries
- Includes a quick review at the end of the presentation