Gain insight into how scientists group materials based on their properties, such as conductibility and malleability, with this informative and engaging video. First, molecules, atoms, substances, and elements are reviewed, then an investigation takes your future physicists deep into a backpack to collect items that are sorted into groups based on their properties.
- Create a flipped classroom assignment; give scholars the link to watch at home then discuss information when they return to school
- Invite scholars to bring in objects from home, or dump out the contents of their backpacks like the host did, and have them organize the objects by their properties
- This video is part of a series about the properties of matter; to see more on the topic, follow the links that pop up at the end
- This video is hosted on YouTube
- Captivating graphics, cartoon characters, sound effects, and jokes make this video highly engaging
- Concepts addressed are thoroughly explained with examples and visual texts that highlight key details
- The host speaks rather quickly; some viewers may need the video to be paused or replayed for comprehension purposes