Camp Joy Gardens, a small, non-profit, Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) farm, runs classes for children and adults. The narrator of a short video about Camp Joy Gardens explains how CSA farms can work as a profitable business, as well as the differences between organic and commercial farming.
- Have class members view the video out of class, record questions and comments, and then return for a full class discussion
- Use the video to launch a study of organic farming
- CSA farms are a project of the California Community College program and may not be available in all states
- Includes information about how families can become members of and provide financial support for CSA farms
- The narrator offers few facts to support his assertions