Turn the pupil into the teacher to help your learners pick up and retain vocabulary from Ordinary People by Judith Guest. Each individual selects a word, studies it in depth, and then teaches their word to the rest of the class, one classmate at a time.
- While this is designed with words from the first six chapters of the book, you could easily do a second round with additional words (or with any other vocabulary list, for that matter)
- Note that only one of the links to Greek and Latin root resources functions
- According to the directions, you will need to provide each learner with an index card
- You may wish to white out the one line meant for teachers that is present on the student handout
- A student instruction page and vocabulary word list are provided
- Provides a low pressure way for learners to orally share their vocabulary word with every other individual in class
- Keep an eye out for any spelling and/or usage errors