This Opportunity Cost lesson plan also includes:
The price of those new shoes involves more than just money! Individuals explore the concept of opportunity cost using a video clip and gratification discussions. They prepare a budget based off of their set of values in regards to spending, saving, and sharing the money that becomes available in a great life-skills instructional activity.
- Present a classroom choice one must make (test vs. paper) and discuss the opportunity cost of both
- Create budgeting teams to assist students who may struggle with the concept
- Keep in mind the sensitivity of what certain families in the classroom can or cannot afford
- The provided link to www.mint.com provides opportunity to set up lifelong budgeting for class
- Includes Roth IRA calculator link