Opinion, audience, purpose. Fourth graders are introduced to the three characteristics of persuasive writing in the third unit of a year-long writing program. The 98-page packet is complete with plans, model essays, graphic organizers, worksheets, exercises, and activities.
- Coordinate the program with other fourth grade teachers
- Save samples of student work as models
- The units, part of a sequenced, year-long writing program, are designed to be taught in order to build and reinforce skills
- The packet includes scripted plans, checklists, grammar and usage mini-lessons
- The Common Core standards addressed in each lesson are identified