This One-way Functions – The WiFi Hotspot Problem lesson plan also includes:
Pupils attempt to solve the Wireless Hotspot Problem and learn why it is considered a computationally hard problem in the ninth lesson of the series on 12. They also learn about one-way functions and how the Wireless Hotspot Problem is one such example.
- Have learners share their created problems to the rest of the class
- Note that the Wireless Hotspot Problem is also called the Vertex Cover Problem or Dominating Sets Problem
- Lesson is optional, but individuals need knowledge of computationally hard problems from the previous lesson
- Lesson plan gives teaching tips
- Includes link to a graph creation tool