This Once Upon a Time (Saxipak’a): Lesson Plan 4 lesson plan also includes:
How did the environment and natural resources found on the Channel islands influence the culture of the Chumash? Archaeology meets technology in an activity designed for middle schoolers. After viewing West of The West's documentary Once Upon a Time, pairs demonstrate what they have learned from the readings and the video by creating a Thinglink that includes information about the Chumash, their culture, their environment, and the resources available to them.
- Conduct a lesson on how to use the technology or a mini-lesson refresher before launching the activity
- The activity presumes class members have experience using Google docs, etc. and have access to computers the Internet
- Requires additional prep time to create, copy, and link the document template
- The resource includes links to examples of the a Hyperdoc tutorial and a model Hyperdoc template
- No rubric for the project is included