A series of eight video clips describes the Whitewater scandal involving President Clinton. Scholars watch archival footage from the special investigators, the Congressional hearing, and the first family. The interesting resource explores the government's process of legislative oversight.
- Compare the Whitewater scandal to Watergate
- Guide a discussion on the process of Congressional Oversight
- The material requires a free C-SPAN Classroom account, or use the following login credentials: Username:
students, Password: C-SPANCLASSROOM
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- The short length of the video segments makes it easy to incorporate into a lesson
- Video clips provide footage from several different individuals involved for a well-rounded view of the scandal