While Veterans Day started as a way to remember World War I, it now honors veterans from all conflicts. Scholars consider the meaning of the day while viewing clips of ceremonies, presidential speeches, and military historians talking about the significance of the holiday. Videos include speeches from Presidents Barack Obama, George H.W. Bush, and Donald Trump.
- Use clips of a wreath-laying ceremony to start a conversation on how to honor veterans
- Teacher must create activities to accompany videos
- The five videos require a free account with C-SPAN to access; generic login credentials are: Username: students, Password: C-SPANCLASSROOM
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Clips include a variety of perspectives from modern presidents
- Video of wreath-laying ceremony is moving and thought-provoking