A thought-provoking resource explains the motives behind the Stamp Act, how it worked, and the colonists' reactions to the new tax. High school scholars also learn how the French and Indian War impacted the creation of the Stamp Act.
6 Views 5 Downloads
- Compare the Stamp Act to other causes of the American Revolution
- Create a classroom tax to simulate American colonists' dislike of the Stamp Act
- Resource requires a free C-SPAN Classroom account, or teachers may use the following login credentials: Username:
students, Password: C-SPANCLASSROOM
- The short length of the video segments make it easy to incorporate them into a lesson
- Adds a visual component to the topic of the Stamp Act