The Battle of Stalingrad cost anywhere from one to two million lives over the course of months. Using a propaganda clip from the Office of War Information and video segments from experts on the battle, individuals consider why the deadly fight was essential to the war's outcome. The resource also links to additional related lesson ideas.
- Have learners consider perspective while viewing videos from the Office of War Information Film on the Battle of Stalingrad
- Offer video clips from historians to stimulate a discussion of the importance of the Battle of Stalingrad
- Create a free C-SPAN Classroom account or access the three video clips with the credentials: username - students, password - C-SPANCLASSROOM
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Newsreel allows for an intriguing contemporary view of the war
- Experts break down complex military history in their talks